|Accessories For||Engineered Wood, Solid Wood|
|Thickness of Flooring||N/A|
This 19mm Quadrant Scotia Beading will match any oiled oak flooring, both solid and engineered alike. Its classic shape and size will not disappoint.
This product is 19mm high, 19mm wide, and comes in a length of 2.4m. Finish the overall look of your floor with our Luxury Accessories. Solid or engineered, our accessories cater to your flooring finish. They may not be the exact match in terms of colour, but they will match the oiled finish and will look stunning against your chosen floor.
Solid and Engineered Wood Flooring Installation:
1) A “floating floor” is an extremely popular fitting method, this is where you run a PVA wood glue along the groove and slide the tongue back into the groove creating a strong bond. This method then allows the floor to naturally breathe as it is not fixed to one position. Underlays are often used when this installation method is used.
2) Fixing the flooring directly to the sub floor is equally as popular as a “floating floor”. You can either stick the flooring directly to the sub floor with an adhesive or secret nail the flooring to a wooden sub floor. This is the preferred method when installing solid wood flooring.
Laminate Flooring Installation:
Laminate flooring is one of the easier installation methods as it comes with click joining system. This means two planks simply just click together. Most people opt to use an underlay when installing laminate flooring.
Here are a few important tips:
- Don’t forget to leave a 10mm expansion gap.
- Allow 48 hours for an engineered floor to acclimatise
- Allow 7 days for a solid wood floor to acclimatise.
- Allow 24 hours for a laminate floor to acclimatise.
- Try and install on a level sub floor
- If you require a more detailed installation guide, please download the installation guide to the right.