Tovcol MS UFH Start Wood Flooring Adhesive (15kg)
|Accessories For||Engineered Wood, Solid Wood|
|Coverage per Litre||1.25m2 per kg|
|Drying Time||Rapid Bonding|
Tovcol MS Start is a trowel-applied, silicone-based adhesive that is designed for fixing wooden floors onto most common types of subfloor. Suitable for all types and sizes of engineered wood flooring and for solid wood flooring with planks up to 140mm wide. Solvent and water-free, this adhesive won't cause your wood to warp. Suitable for underfloor heating.
Every tub comes with a free trowel included! So you’ll have everything you need to get started. This adhesive is also easy to clean from pre-finished flooring and from hands and is odour-free without any hazard symbols.
Solid and Engineered Wood Flooring Installation:
1) A “floating floor” is an extremely popular fitting method, this is where you run a PVA wood glue along the groove and slide the tongue back into the groove creating a strong bond. This method then allows the floor to naturally breathe as it is not fixed to one position. Underlays are often used when this installation method is used.
2) Fixing the flooring directly to the sub floor is equally as popular as a “floating floor”. You can either stick the flooring directly to the sub floor with an adhesive or secret nail the flooring to a wooden sub floor. This is the preferred method when installing solid wood flooring.
Laminate Flooring Installation:
Laminate flooring is one of the easier installation methods as it comes with click joining system. This means two planks simply just click together. Most people opt to use an underlay when installing laminate flooring.
Here are a few important tips:
- Don’t forget to leave a 10mm expansion gap.
- Allow 48 hours for an engineered floor to acclimatise
- Allow 7 days for a solid wood floor to acclimatise.
- Allow 24 hours for a laminate floor to acclimatise.
- Try and install on a level sub floor
- If you require a more detailed installation guide, please download the installation guide to the right.