|Accessories For||Engineered Wood, Laminate Flooring, Solid Wood|
|Impact Sound Reduction||19dB|
|Sub Floor||Wood and Concrete|
|Tog Rating||0.5 Tog|
|Damp Proof Membrane||Yes|
When purchasing any Solid, Engineered Wood or Laminate Flooring one of the most important things to consider is a suitable underlay - however, it is often overlooked.
Our 3mm Silver Laminate and Wood Flooring Underlay is our mid range underlay which is suitable for all types of wood and laminate flooring. It is also suitable for use on concrete and wooden subfloors.
This underlay has a built in DPM (Damp Proof Membrane) for added protection against any damp that could damage your floor. With a sound reduction factor of 19dB, this underlay will eliminate any noise traveling by this amount - a useful feature if you enjoy listening to music or have a noisy family!
Each roll covers 15m² (15m x 1m) and has a thickness of 3mm. Our silver underlay comes with a 8 year guarantee for that added piece of mind.
Solid and Engineered Wood Flooring Installation:
1) A “floating floor” is an extremely popular fitting method, this is where you run a PVA wood glue along the groove and slide the tongue back into the groove creating a strong bond. This method then allows the floor to naturally breathe as it is not fixed to one position. Underlays are often used when this installation method is used.
2) Fixing the flooring directly to the sub floor is equally as popular as a “floating floor”. You can either stick the flooring directly to the sub floor with an adhesive or secret nail the flooring to a wooden sub floor. This is the preferred method when installing solid wood flooring.
Laminate Flooring Installation:
Laminate flooring is one of the easier installation methods as it comes with click joining system. This means two planks simply just click together. Most people opt to use an underlay when installing laminate flooring.
Here are a few important tips:
- Don’t forget to leave a 10mm expansion gap.
- Allow 48 hours for an engineered floor to acclimatise
- Allow 7 days for a solid wood floor to acclimatise.
- Allow 24 hours for a laminate floor to acclimatise.
- Try and install on a level sub floor
- If you require a more detailed installation guide, please download the installation guide to the right.